TEMO’s patio enclosures provide homeowners with a way to enjoy their backyards while being protected from the elements. We offer various types of patio enclosures, including screen rooms and sunrooms.
One of the best things about TEMO’s patio enclosures is that they truly add extra living space to your home — depending on how you style your new patio, it can serve as an entirely new room. Here are some decorating tips designed to help you make the best use of your new space:
- Color scheme — One of the first things you’ll want to do after having one of TEMO’s patio enclosures installed is decide on a color scheme. Try picking two to four main colors, then select rugs, blankets, pillows, and other items that will pull those shades together.
- Furniture — When you’re selecting furniture for one of TEMO’s patio enclosures, you should consider the type of enclosure that’s being installed and the way you plan to use the space. If you’re getting a sunroom, for example, you can stick with traditional indoor furniture, since it won’t be exposed to the elements. But if you’re going with a screen room, you’ll want to use materials that can stand up to the weather, like wicker and water/fade-resistant fabric.
- Rugs — Rugs are a great way to divide patios into separate living areas. Placing a couch and armchairs around the perimeter of an area rug designates that space as a lounging area, which you can then separate from a dining area, for example. Before purchasing a new rug, you should consider how you want to use your patio. Even if you’re having a sunroom added, there’s a good chance that your kids might track in water from the pool or dirt from the backyard, so you’ll want a rug designed for outdoor spaces.
- Lighting — Don’t forget to purchase lighting fixtures for your new patio — quality lighting can make the difference between a patio that’s only functional while the sun’s out, and one that you and your family can continue to use into the night. Certain TEMO patio enclosures feature such optional upgrades as custom lighting, ceiling fans, and skylights.
- Baskets — Using baskets to decorate one of our patio enclosures allows you to seamlessly combine style and function. If you have children, you can use baskets to corral their backyard toys. Or if you have a pool, you can use baskets to store extra towels and sunscreen for guest use. Craft stores usually sell a wide variety of baskets in different textures and colors, so you can mix and match them to fit the style of your patio.
If you’re considering adding a screen room or sunroom to your home, please call us today. A TEMO representative can answer any questions you have about our patio enclosures, and help you decide which style will work best for your outdoor living goals.