A sunroom adds an extra area where your family can enjoy the beautiful views of your backyard from the comfort of your home, and it’s a popular investment for homeowners. Sunrooms can be used to entertain, to work, to play with your kids, to exercise, to read, to garden, to relax… basically, anything you want to do! However, before you take on this renovation project, it’s probably a good idea to take a look at some of the pros and cons of installing a sunroom.
Sunrooms are often regarded highly because:
- They are usually more affordable than a room addition.
- They are an easy renovation project and can typically be installed in as little as one day.
- They allow natural light to filter into your home, which can reduce the number of lights you need to illuminate it, potentially leading to lower electric bills.
- They are highly customizable and can look like a natural extension of your home.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the downsides of sunrooms:
- It can be a costly project if you’re not careful about the manufacturer you use and the contractor you hire.
- Sometimes, sunrooms can increase energy usage since they can trap heat or cold air inside.
- If you install the sunroom near the front of your home where it’s common to have outside foot traffic, you may have a reduced amount of privacy thanks to large, floor-to-ceiling windows that allow people to see right into your home.
Sunrooms from TEMO
At TEMO, we believe sunrooms are an outstanding investment, especially for homeowners in Madison, Wisconsin, who may spend lots of time indoors during the winter months. This way, you can still enjoy the snowy outdoor scene even when it’s too cold to go outside.
Plus, we’re pleased to say we have combatted many of the common cons of sunrooms. For example, our sunrooms are highly energy efficient, featuring high-performance glass, thermal wall systems, and insulated roofs. You won’t need to worry about increased energy output when a TEMO sunroom is installed.
Contact TEMO today to learn more about our sunrooms and why they are the best option for homes in Madison and all surrounding cities.